Knights of Avalon Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[0 diamond on Master and GM Strategy] Holy Temple's Trial - Fire

5 posters

Go down

[0 diamond on Master and GM Strategy] Holy Temple's Trial - Fire Empty [0 diamond on Master and GM Strategy] Holy Temple's Trial - Fire

Post by Blindee Fri Mar 07, 2014 1:17 am

Recommended setup:

Master:

Baph (L) + GSOD + little dark slims X3 + Daji (ally)

With Bath's 200% dark dmg and Daji's passive, you can easily cruse through the battle, only one thing that you need to make sure the dark slimes' CD are ready before stage 7.  Using all three slimes active in stage 7 will do 15 dmg to the boss.  Since you are a full dark team, you only need to dissolve 3 dark rune to make up the rest 6 dmg.  But try to dissolve more useless runes in this stage to get ready for the final stage.

In the final stage, check if you have loads of dark rune on your screen.  If so use daji's active and build your time tunnel.  I could one shot the boss with no problem.

GM:

PQOW or water paladuck (L) + dark novice + water novice + fire paladin/verdandi/valkyrie + Liz (ally)

Grind up Valk's CD before stage 5, use it in stage 5 to kill the three swords

Stage 6: Use water novice and Liz's active, you should be able to take the two dragon down in one go.

Stage 7: do a three combo with water rune to oneshot the slime.  then save the wolf to get all your CDs ready for the later stages

Stage 8: use Valk to kill the dragon, then use Liz and water novice's active to kill the witch

Stage 9: use light paladin's active to fully recover your HP (if you hav enough heart runes, you can save paladin's active for stage 10), GSOF is CD2, it gives you plenty of time to heal above 50% of your health and store CDs

Stage 10: just make sure you can heal to 50% every turn then you are alright.  The boss does not havedmg reflection but instead it has a 20% dmg shield like galean the honer.

[0 diamond on Master and GM Strategy] Holy Temple's Trial - Fire Screen11

[0 diamond on Master and GM Strategy] Holy Temple's Trial - Fire Screen12

Last edited by Blindee on Fri Mar 07, 2014 2:24 am; edited 3 times in total
Blindee
Blindee

Back to top Go down

[0 diamond on Master and GM Strategy] Holy Temple's Trial - Fire Empty Re: [0 diamond on Master and GM Strategy] Holy Temple's Trial - Fire

Post by Blindee Fri Mar 07, 2014 1:19 am

I have been sick the whole week, and didn't have time to do the post or make the video, but if people like to see how I walked through, please post in this thread to let me know and I will make one in the weekend.  

Good luck and have fun guys!
Blindee
Blindee

Back to top Go down

[0 diamond on Master and GM Strategy] Holy Temple's Trial - Fire Empty Re: [0 diamond on Master and GM Strategy] Holy Temple's Trial - Fire

Post by Brokenshirt Sat Mar 08, 2014 6:34 pm

Thanks Blondee, I got to stage 10 with your setup. Just had no hearts to heal. Better luck next time.

Brokenshirt

Back to top Go down

Post by Aki [KoA] Sun Mar 09, 2014 11:52 pm

I had a surprising hard time on master - had to do 4 runs to beat it Sad
So I do not know if I can do GM.
I have a PQOW thoug. What is important for a tumbler deck there?
And who is Liz??
What would be the right ally?

Aki [KoA]

Back to top Go down

Post by Blindee Mon Mar 10, 2014 6:30 am

Aki [KoA] wrote:I had a surprising hard time on master - had to do 4 runs to beat it Sad
And who is Liz??

GM does require some skill of rune spinning and reserving heart/water runes.

In order to trigger the tumbler effect, you have to get your heath above 50% before taking the attack. In simple terms, you will need heart converter or any other means of life saving active in case where MH just wont drop you any heart rune. In GM, there is a round with two flame DD, you will need to at least take down of the them before they initiate their atk. Thus, you will need some sort of burst to help you get through some stage.

Liz is the water fiend in the blood fiend series, Elizabeth. It boosts your water atk by 300% and has a powerful active to help you get through some rounds requiring burst.
Blindee
Blindee

Back to top Go down

Post by Blindee Tue Mar 11, 2014 1:22 am

Blindee wrote:
Aki [KoA] wrote:I had a surprising hard time on master - had to do 4 runs to beat it Sad
And who is Liz??

GM does require some skill of rune spinning and reserving heart/water runes.

In order to trigger the tumbler effect, you have to get your heath above 50% before taking the attack.  In simple terms, you will need heart converter or any other means of life saving active in case where MH just wont drop you any heart rune.  In GM, there is a round with two flame DD, you will need to at least take down one of the them before they initiate the atk.  Thus, you will need some sort of burst to help you get through some stage.  

Liz is the water fiend in the blood fiend series, Elizabeth.  It boosts your water atk by 300% and has a powerful active to help you get through some rounds requiring burst.
Blindee
Blindee

Back to top Go down

Post by Brokenshirt Thu Mar 13, 2014 7:42 pm

For those still trying I use Leader: 2* Elf, 3* gnome with max CD, 4* Urd, 3* Deep One, 3* Fire Pally, Ally: Tefnut max CD

Bao has the legendary max CD Tefnut. Amazing!

Took me way too long to get the rhythm down but I finally did. Here is how my run went:

Stage 1-4: Kill salamanders and Chimera's as fast as possible as they will kill in a single attack. If possible leave slimes for last and store CD.

Stage 5: Match 5 water runes to hit all swords and kill all but the large sword. Make sure you have enough HP to tank it's attack if it starts at CD 1. Then kill it next.

Stage 6: Use Tefnut. If at 10 CD he will be ready by stage 10.

Stage 7: Kill the Salamander ASAP. You have some breathing room if kill him. Use Urd if you have to live but Urd is really helpful on stage 9 so try and save.

Stage 8: Fire Pally then slowly get the witch down. Try to heal and break everything but water runes for as long as possible to get a lot on the board. Once you get her down around 50-60% HP, use Fight Mode to convert hearts to water and take her out.

Stage 9: I used Urd right away to heal. Since you convert him to water you cant do any damage so just heal and break as many non-water runes as possible to get your board filled up. After he comes back to red, attack and heal as much as possible.

Stage 10: Use Tefnut... Dead

Good luck. It took me about 12 tries to beat GM but only 3 with this team. I tried Blindee's method but could not heal enough. Tried with a Bolla but what a waste of a card when you could have a better active skill. Urd was very helpful.

Brokenshirt

Back to top Go down

Post by Kenna Kat Fri Mar 14, 2014 11:41 am

I am so happy right now. Passed Master (finally) since I have a weird team. Bao Ho, your ally was amazing!

My team consisted of what I had on hand...

Light Duck, Fiery Stavrophore, Aquatic Stavrophore, and Two Dark Stavrophore. I did so many heart converts it wasn't even funny...

I died nearly five times during the whole thing, and the only thing that kept me alive in the last stage was Bao Ho's ally and Aquatic Stavrophore convert heart to water.
Kenna Kat
Kenna Kat

Back to top Go down

Post by DinneBolt Fri Mar 14, 2014 2:15 pm

Just want to add for those who still try GM.

If you run with tumbler team, bring at least 1 Cthulhu low star and mind about your rcr. 1* elf is good for rcr. And watch out for same cd mobs. If you have high lvl water Pala Duck, he would be the best leader.

If you run with atk team with 1* elf + Tefnut ally, bring at least 1 Gsoa, and Urd low star if you could (for stage 9).

In both setup, bring at least 1 high damage water card. Imo Urd/Pqow is the best, they have 1k+ atk and "only" 10 team cost. Cthulhu/Gsoa would be great too, but the rcr is to low.

At stage 5, don't use your ignore defend card if you could. The 2x side sword hp is 5 and the middle is 7. Your team would be consist of 5 water card, so just make a 5 water rune combo on turn 1 and you'll be fine.

My personal opinion, atk team is better and easier here. The best team i could think of : 1* elf, 2* Gsoa, 3* cthulhu, 3* Urd, 5* Urd/Pqow + Tefnut ally.

Good luck for those who still trying to clear this battle.
DinneBolt
DinneBolt

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down