Knights of Avalon Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[Video 0 diamond on GM + Strategy] Doctrine of Memories

+5
pink_dreamery
maouinin
Lj_Lee
larken
Blindee
9 posters

Go down

[Video 0 diamond on GM + Strategy] Doctrine of Memories Empty [Video 0 diamond on GM + Strategy] Doctrine of Memories

Post by Blindee Fri Mar 07, 2014 3:34 pm

Hi Guys, firstly apology that I didnt reply in chat as I was really focusing on the battle

This battle is actually not hard at all, I recommend the following setup:

Daji + Cancer + Odin + Pollux + Wukong + Loki

Battle information:

Round 1
two wofls
(HP 154789/Atk 4853/Def 97/CD 1) light dark shield (dual color shield)
(HP 101253/Atk 6942/Def 99/CD 2) fire, earth, water shield (three color shield)

Round 2
three witches
(HP 99630/Atk 1632/Def 5000/CD 1) drops ? rune
(HP 379300/Atk 5098/Def 500/CD 1) need 4+ combo to do damage
(HP 99630/Atk 1632/Def 5000/CD 1) weathered rune

Round 3
Phantomasaur
Poison 40%
(HP 487440/Atk 1530/Def 500/CD 2)

Round 4
little golem
(HP 106090/Atk 3165/CD 1)Self Recover to max HP every turn
Great earth golem
(HP 435600/Atk 6860/CD 2)
little golem
(HP 106090/Atk 3165/CD 1)Self Recover to max HP every turn

Round 5
five gnomes

(HP 20/Atk 4740/Def 1000000/CD 2) Dissolve 5 or more runestones Atk become 0

(HP 107412/Atk 4613/CD 1)25% Defensive Shield

(HP 106233/Atk 4653/CD 2)25% Defensive Shield

(HP 109463/Atk 4451/CD 2)20% Defensive Shield

(HP 106513/Atk 8919/CD 1)50% Defensive Shield

Round 6
Metallic dragon light

(HP 20136/Atk 29680/CD 6) after mass -20000

Round 7
memory's traveller
(HP 26/Atk 99999/Def 1000000/CD 1) Tertis piece or puzzle shield

Stategy:

R1-3: nothing special, try to store your CD
R3: use Pollux's skill to keep up the health,
R4: make a full team atk to kill the two small golems first, if you failed to store CD in the first three rounds like I did becoz of stupid skydrop, you can store CD in this round
R5:  cancer active to kill all the gnomes apart from light, then save it to store Cancer's CD again  (mine is skill lvl 1 which took a loooong while to store )
R6: cancer active
R7: activate wukong, odin, loki and daji, easy battle Wink

Hope you enjoy the video,
GL and HF

Last edited by Blindee on Sat Mar 08, 2014 1:17 am; edited 1 time in total
Blindee
Blindee

Back to top Go down

[Video 0 diamond on GM + Strategy] Doctrine of Memories Empty Re: [Video 0 diamond on GM + Strategy] Doctrine of Memories

Post by larken Fri Mar 07, 2014 8:07 pm

Sharing how I cleared this with a pretty unconventional team.

The setup was Libra, Pr Urd, Pr Verthandi, PQoW (not required), PKOE, Fox Ally.

Logic of forming a team for such battles
Basically the battle is divided into several notables stages that everyone should look out for when trying to clear this battle. Let's work through this backwards.

Stage 7: A way to break the traveller's defense, because, let's face it, even if you break the puzzle shield, he has 26 hp, and a 1HKO attk value, with 9999999 def. An active that deals direct damage will not work here, ie, PKOF/PKOE, due to the puzzle shield.

Required cards: Wukong, Verthandi, non-Pr Valkryie, even a GSOL if you're using a beast deck. I chose Verthandi for this.

Stage 6: 29K Hp and a 20K explosion?

Obviously, PKOD is usable but not recommended. 20% is too slim a margin when the mob only has 29k HP. You could either use the new Cheshire Cat's active for the explosion, or somehow you actually managed to make it to this stage with an PKOL set up, you'll have to choose an active that deals enough damage to kill it. I chose PKOE (15k dmg). I had to form single combos for a few turns (do it at the top of the runeframe to minimise unexpected combos) - and when it's hp was < half, I used the active.

Stage 5: Cancer is going to be great for this stage, but I didn't have Cancer. You're not going to burst through this stage unless you have the right cards, so instead, I put Urd into the team for this stage. (Pr not required)

Instead, I pkoed the gnome preventing aoe (though in retrospect, I should have used verthandi's active instead (cd 8 vs PKOE's cd 14) - and took hits until 2 of the gnomes were going to hit me together in a turn (basically I only absorbed 1 hit). I activated Urd then. And between the increased rune moving times of Libra and Urd's freeze, forming multiple combos of five for 3 turns was easy. By the time the freezes were up, I was down to 3 gnomes. Took a hit, healed back and killed one gnome (I could have killed the remaining three in one turn, but I realised I needed that PKOE for stage 6 - should have really used Verthandi instead). So I dragged as much as I could while keeping one gnome alive (using PQoW's active here since I knew I won't need it in the other stages) - and got the PKOE's cd down.

Required: either a way to kill the gnomes fast (ignoring their shields), or a way to crowd control them while you hit them down. Urd and Isabel comes to mind.

The rest of the stages are much more straightforward; its just a matter of dmg vs recovery, as most of the mobs doesn't have lots of hp. Store for CD on stage 1 as much as you can.

Reasoning for the setup
I took Libra mainly because of the extended rune movement time which allowed me to clear runes for more hearts to drag cooldowns - and used the damage actives as needed (mainly for stage 4, as the 100k hp golems were worrying for me). Between the extended rune movement time I was pretty much able to keep a steady supply of heart runes as needed (by clearing the unwanted runes every turn) - and also because I knew that the increased time made it easier for me to store cooldowns on stage 1 (ie. after I killed the mob with the fire/water/earth shield, I would match multiple light runes on the board, and avoid matching any dark runes for that turn - effectively dealing no damage and just keep getting new runes)

Its not so much the specific setup used (as no one has every card) - but rather the concept that I'm trying to illustrate here. The recent battles that madhead set required certain requirements be met rather than just have battles that could be cleared using high damage teams. For each battle, just look at the stages that you'd know you'll have problems dealing with, and plan for them accordingly.

For example, I looked at the battle information (Thanks, Blindee), and saw:

Stage 7 - Puzzle Shield (annoying), unbreakable def, and 1 hit KO att values. I added Verthandi to deal with this.

Stage 6 - Explosion damage of 20k. I'd actually put in Chesire Cat, but I saw the mob only had 29k Hp. Thus I threw in PKOE for the 15 k active.

Stage 5 - Multiple gnomes with 20% shields, 1 with 50% shields, and 1 that prevents aoe (and has 20 hp with insane defence).
Short of killing them outright, you'll have to do cc. Thus, I added Urd in.

Stage 4, 3, 2, 1 - was simply a race for damage while having decent recovery. The fox ally provided the damage (the added rune spinning time for libra more than made up for a lacklustre 150% team attack when paired with a fox. While not the highest burst setup, each turn I could form an average of 6-8 combos). I played libra because of the allowance for rune management time (and also, the highest hp mob in the entire battle was only 400k, which could be managed with Libra. Anything north of 800k and I would have reconsidered).

I had no real reason for choosing PQoW. I had Pr Skuld (decidedly useless), and PR Valkyrie (also useless), and was consider if the 30% hidden bonus to attack was worth it. In the end I decided if I screwed up at the gnome stage, the 50% reduction in damage was going to be helpful (unless 5 gnomes attacked at once).

larken

Back to top Go down

[Video 0 diamond on GM + Strategy] Doctrine of Memories Empty Re: [Video 0 diamond on GM + Strategy] Doctrine of Memories

Post by Blindee Sat Mar 08, 2014 1:28 am

Thanks Larken! Awesome sharing. I was thinking about putting some words down, but got too tired. It was 3am in NZ (funny enough the update refreshes at 1am not 12, lol)

I picked my setup using the same logic as that of in your reply.

My strategy is to pick the card that I believe is essential to tackle a specific round, then make up the rest of the team to balance atk, rcr and health. I firstly went it with almost the same setup as the one I recommended with Faugn subed for wukong. Reason being, cancer's active is just too good for round 5 which can be troublesome if not managed well. I picked Faugn as I saw the boss has a dark defensive shield on the tos forum, but when i got there I realised that it is puzzle shield >.< As I have PRed my valk, and I didn't lvl verdendi at all, I went for wukong. After I ruled out Cancer and Wukong are essential for my setup, I start to pick cards with better stats and utility. So Started with Daji + PR loki setup. I then only have two slots left. The first four rounds although not hard, but round 3 can be problematic if no heart rune on the screen. I also need some burst to in the golem or DD stage, so I decided to use Odin and Pollux. Odin has better states and combining with PR LOKI, it becomes a powerful converter. Pollux is my heart generator to keep the better going. Finally I have set my team up and all I need after is careful rune spining Wink

Blindee
Blindee

Back to top Go down

Post by Lj_Lee Sat Mar 08, 2014 5:59 am

Thanks for the share guys!

Just managed to past poison dragon, now stuck with the golems.. However my main worry is 5 (or 6 for that matter).

My team:

PR loki, Valk, Alma, GSoD, Odin, Cancer (ally)

I kind of intend to use Blindee's way of playing stage 5 to be safe, but I know the storing for CD for 6 is gonna be a problem.

Will be using Valk's active on MT himself.
Lj_Lee
Lj_Lee

Back to top Go down

Post by maouinin Sat Mar 08, 2014 7:02 am

I don't know if this is the right place to post this, so feel free to move need be, but when I noticed that in the seventh/last battle of the master level the frame had no effect. When i first started the battle, I was sometimes desperate to fill the frame (which was sometimes up to 7 or 8 spaces), but even when I did'nt fill the frame, the enemy took what seemed to be full damage. So I continued to play, ignoring the frame, and quickly won, just the same. My son had a similar experience. YMMV Has anyone else noticed this?

I played with a standard beast team and did have to burn some stones.
maouinin
maouinin

Back to top Go down

Post by Lj_Lee Sat Mar 08, 2014 8:27 am

Did it with 0 diamonds!

My setup (Kudos to Madd for giving me the idea  Laughing)  
Scorpio (ldr), Loki, Odin, Valk, PR Idun, Cancer (Ally)

With this team and almost max stats, you get a 2.2k recover, so just a standard 4 - 5 rune spins (hearts included) will get you close to 5k rcr.

Round 1: cleared the wolf on the left first (light and dark runes) and stalled CD with the right one (fire, earth & water). Because of its 2 CD, and one hit about 6k+, the recovery was easy as long as I have heart runes.

R2: Got the witch with the bitchy weathered runes first, then the one with the "?" runes, and continued stalling for CD until my Idun was ready for R3. This stage was also manageable just that there was one period with the lack of heart runes so I had to clear the center witch with 2 more CD to go for idun.

R3: Idun was the life saver, I took 7 rounds for this poison dragon and from round 2 onwards, I have idun recovering the team by 6k hp every round.

R4: used Odin/Loki's active. Made a mistake here, I directed all the hits to the center golem without know he does not take hits before he attacks. Thankfully, there were some enchanted dark runes left over so I spinned 5 runes to get the 2 minions out. The center golem's attk was alright, I took about 4 rounds to get him out.

R5: used cancer's active to clear 4 gnomes (as per Blindee's video) and stalled cancer's CD for R6. I spent about 13 rounds here to play with the remaining gnome. Used Idun's active again due to lack of heart runes.

R6: I had 4 more cds for cancer to go, so tried my best to spin without hitting dark at all. Once cancer's CD was up, it was straight forward.

R7: Used Valk's active, and Odin/Loki just for the fun of it  Very Happy 

I was lucky such that I had plenty of heart runes (except for that 2 occasions) and the team's recovery really helped in this game. Actually now to think of it, I could've used Loki as leader as well, Idun was there really for her actives thats all.
Lj_Lee
Lj_Lee

Back to top Go down

Post by pink_dreamery Sat Mar 08, 2014 10:21 am

Used a variant of LJ's team:
Daji (leader), Odin, Valk, GSOD (ran out of dark Gods!), Idun (non-PR) and Cancer (ally)

Swallowed a diamond on round 6 because I killed the light gnome on round 5 in a matter of rounds. How does that work? I coulda sworn I did 5 runes in a row but still plinked him down

[2 diamons actually because I used 4 tries on the pala-fates strat on the forums and ran out of stam (seemed sound but a serious lack of firepower to pass the first two stages)]

pink_dreamery

Back to top Go down

Post by maddmaster Sat Mar 08, 2014 2:01 pm

Glad my suggestion worked for you LJ. AS for me I also completed with 0 diamond. Albeit the setup was a bit different. For those interested and have the cards, I used the below setup and the function of each member:

Alma (leader) (level 99, cd 6) - healer / burst / damage booster (for gods)
Gemini (level 99, cd 5) - healer
Valk (level 71, cd 13) - sniper
Skuld (level 70, cd 20) - emergency healer (if heart runes are far apart) / emergency burst / board control (replace runes)
Idun (non-PR) (level 99, cd 18) - healer

John (ally) (level 99, cd 18) - sniper / damage booster (for gods)

With this setup you have decent damage, good recovery, a few ways to heal, and a way to snipe stage 5, 6, and 7.

Strategy:

Stage 1:
Idea: Kill the left salamander and stall cds on the rights salamander. With both Gemini and Alma at max cd it should have been easy for me.
Actual: Unfortunately heaven drops messed it up for me and I ended it in just 6 turns.

Stage 2:
Idea: Kill weathered run first first, kill hidden runes, then stall for cd on the big witch.
Actual: Killed both small witches in 1 turn. Killed middle witch in 5 turns (again with heaven drops)

Stage 3:
Idea: Kill it ASAP normally without using Alma or Gemini while trying to stall as much. Remember do not use Alma or Gemini to burst or else your are fucked up if you don't manage to kill it.
Actual: Finished it 9 turns. Had to use both Alma and Gemini and Idun to heal.

Stage 4:
Idea: Kill left and right in one go. Then clear board as much as possible while saving heart and dark runes.
Actual: Messed up and hit middle instead. (Idiot). Managed to heal back 6K+ and then kill left and right. Managed to kill middle in 4 turns.

Stage 5:
Idea: Snipe with John, stall for CD for John's active.
Actual: Got it right Smile.

Stage 6:
Idea: Snipe with John and get done with it.
Actual: Got it right again.

Stage 7:
Idea: Turn on Valkyrie and solve the puzzle and claim my reward.
Actual: The board was a mess up. Activated Gemini and then Alma to help make dark runes on the board and easily solve the puzzle. Activated Valk, activated Skuld. I know it is an overkill but the shape requires 6 runes and was quite weird.

Hope this helps other with similar cards to claim the 5th traveler.

maddmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Aki [KoA] Mon Mar 10, 2014 12:00 am

Hey knight brothers.
Yesterday I burned my stamina on this Sad
Did some runs but never got to stage 3 !

This thread is great as a strategy guide.
I tried with PKoE, Valk, Urd, Isabell (Lv60), PR Sean, Daji (Ally) - even tried Santa as leader and PKoE as ally but this let me die on stage 1.
Is this the wrong setup? Or is my runespinning this bad?
Any tips?

(BTW my cards are in the deck strategy section)

Hope someone can lead me through this.

Best
Aki

Aki [KoA]

Back to top Go down

Post by larken Mon Mar 10, 2014 4:39 am

Aki [KoA] wrote:Hey knight brothers.

I tried with PKoE, Valk, Urd, Isabell (Lv60), PR Sean, Daji (Ally) - even tried Santa as leader and PKoE as ally but this let me die on stage 1.
Any tips?

Best
Aki

If you already put in Urd, you don't need Isabel. Especially considering both are extremely long cooldown cards, and Isabel at lvl 99 has extremely low hp. Put in something else like a low cd heart convertor if you're lacking hearts to survive in the initial stages.

Never pick Santa as an ally unless you're playing full human/elves. PR Sean is okay for a small burst, but I wouldn't recommend it when a PKOE is leader for dmg multipliers - reason being that heaven falls of combos > 5 runes will drop your damage down to either that of Daji's mulitplier (if you have her as an ally) or to no multiplier if you picked dual PKOEs.

Dual PKOEs can let you clear stage 6 easily, but you need to be able to get there first. Urd is required for stage 5, but its not ideal with a PKOE leader (3 turns is not enough if you're going to do single target damage), as you can't use his multiplier if you are going to do multiple target attacks. It goes down to whether you can deal 50% to a gnome in one turn just using Daji's multiplier alone. Although, the gnome's hp are not high. Are you able to form multiple target attacks using manual rune spinning and achieve up to 4-5 combos? If yes, you might be able to clear stage 5 with a pkoe/daji set up. You could use Daji's active here, as long as you can break the puzzle rune frame on 7 without it.

My advice, take out Sean and Isabel, put in a convertor and another card that may help you to survive the initial rounds. Other than that it's down to rune spinning. As mentioned, stage 1-4 are simply a test of damage and recovery. If the addition of a convertor doesn't work out, then you might want to consider giving the event a pass.

Good luck.

larken

Back to top Go down

Post by J-Dragon Mon Mar 10, 2014 2:11 pm

Spent a heap of stamina on this trying to find a grind team and failed (due to not enough damage output) until seeing a post on the main forum using GSOF as Leader for recovery. I even tried that one, but still died from the light salamander because I didn't have enough heart runes. But that gave the idea to combine this, previous posts in this forum and mine.

PR Idun (Leader)
GSoF
Master Honeymon (for Traveller)
DS Light
GSoE
Cancer - John (Ally)

Strategy:
The MVP is Cancer - used to kill most of mini mobs allowing PR Idun to heal most of the damage taken.
The other mobs are good for Converting hearts if required or to light to speed up attacks as it's a looooong grind.

Stage 1:
Kill the Light salamander and get CD's up for Cancer
Always try to clear runes to have hearts on the board for healing as if both mobs attack, PR Idun's healing may not be enough to get you back to full.

Stage 2:
Use Cancer to kill the witches on the left and right.
Grind out the middle monster and build up CD for Cancer

Stage 3:
Use Cancer to weaken the mob.
Grind and build up CD for Cancer. Use heal abilities / shield abilities as required as the Poison / hit rounds can be dangerous

Stage 4:
Use Cancer to kill the self-healing golems.
Grind out the middle monster and build up CD for Cancer

Stage 5:
Use Cancer to kill the 4 right-most gnomes.
Grind out the left mob being careful not to kill it (dissolve 5 runes to make damage 0 for that colour) and build up CD for Cancer.
Use the converters to change everything to light / hearts if you find that doing damage is unavoidable.
I would use this opportunity to try and get rid of all Fire, Water, Dark runes. This is so that when you are doing the Memory Traveller, you can convert all the runes to Light and easily do the puzzle
Once all CDs are up - finish off the gnome by spinning runes

Stage 6:
Kill with Cancer

Stage 7:
User Master Honeymon
Convert all Runes to Light
Complete the puzzle and win the MT.

Its a long grind, but relatively safe.

J-Dragon

Back to top Go down

Post by Aki [KoA] Mon Mar 10, 2014 11:17 pm

larken wrote:
Aki [KoA] wrote:Hey knight brothers.

Any tips?

Best
Aki

If you already put in Urd, you don't need Isabel. Especially considering both are extremely long cooldown cards, and Isabel at lvl 99 has extremely low hp. Put in something else like a low cd heart convertor if you're lacking hearts to survive in the initial stages.

Never pick Santa as an ally unless you're playing full human/elves. PR Sean is okay for a small burst, but I wouldn't recommend it when a PKOE is leader for dmg multipliers - reason being that heaven falls of combos > 5 runes will drop your damage down to either that of Daji's mulitplier (if you have her as an ally) or to no multiplier if you picked dual PKOEs.

Dual PKOEs can let you clear stage 6 easily, but you need to be able to get there first. Urd is required for stage 5, but its not ideal with a PKOE leader (3 turns is not enough if you're going to do single target damage), as you can't use his multiplier if you are going to do multiple target attacks. It goes down to whether you can deal 50% to a gnome in one turn just using Daji's multiplier alone. Although, the gnome's hp are not high. Are you able to form multiple target attacks using manual rune spinning and achieve up to 4-5 combos? If yes, you might be able to clear stage 5 with a pkoe/daji set up. You could use Daji's active here, as long as you can break the puzzle rune frame on 7 without it.

My advice, take out Sean and Isabel, put in a convertor and another card that may help you to survive the initial rounds. Other than that it's down to rune spinning. As mentioned, stage 1-4 are simply a test of damage and recovery. If the addition of a convertor doesn't work out, then you might want to consider giving the event a pass.

Good luck.

Thank you for your input.
I finally did it with following team:
PKoE, Valk, Urd, GSoF (Lv90), GSoD (Lv77), Daji (Ally)

Pro: You can take a hit of both dragons in the first stage.

I had to start 3 times, 'cause really bad luck that there where no black stone drops the first two times.
Then finally.
Stage 1:
Killed right dragon first. (not the best idea, 'cause CD of left dragon is 1). With converters it was no problem to stall cd.

Stage 2:
Killed left and right witches in two turns. Stalled CD till I killed middle one.

Stage 3:
Played normal. Used converters to stay allive.

Stage 4:
Killed one golem first turn. The other one I needed two turns. Middle one played normal.

Stage 5:
Something went completely wrong. Took first hit and used Urd. Could't kill those gnomes fast enough Sad
Had to use three diamonds.

Stage 6:
Wanted to take half his life and finish him with PKoE. But hit too hard and killed him at once. So another diamond.

Stage 7:
Easy. Converted hearts to fill the puzzle. Activated Valk first.

Aki [KoA]

Back to top Go down

Post by Eardrum73 Tue Mar 11, 2014 3:20 am

J dragons setup worked for me Smile

Basically did it with a similar setup with PR Idun (leader), Cancer (ally), GSOD (for emergency heals), Dark Sirius (for converting to black at Mem Travel stage 7) Val for stage 7, and Alma as a utility (for healing or offense0

Never did have to use Alma.
As Jdragon said. Use Cancer on on stages 2, 4, 5, and 6. lol
Val on stage 7.
That was it!

no diamonds spent Smile
Eardrum73
Eardrum73
Admin

https://knightsofavalon.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down