Knights of Avalon Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[Deck Building + Strategy] Gate of Riddles – Shrine of Potency

4 posters

Go down

[Deck Building + Strategy] Gate of Riddles – Shrine of Potency Empty [Deck Building + Strategy] Gate of Riddles – Shrine of Potency

Post by Kittyeyaya Tue Apr 15, 2014 4:21 am

This is a relatively easy battle if you have the right team setup.  However, the possibility of losing 70 Black Keys for nothing can still put a bit of pressure on you.  If you do die in this battle, I recommend to use Diamond(s) to revive.  I personally would trade 5-6 Diamonds for 70 Black Keys. =)

[Deck Building + Strategy] Gate of Riddles – Shrine of Potency 10258315_1486301684931547_8074961430872118994_o

There are 5 stages in this battle.  The first 4 stages have fixed enemies, but the last stage features one of the 4 super rare evolve materials.  Your team must be able deal with any enemy shows up in Stage 5.

Below is my team choice for the ‘Shrine of Potency’ battle.  The Helper is another Max level and Max CD Santa.

[Deck Building + Strategy] Gate of Riddles – Shrine of Potency 1265237_1486301768264872_8471655855775205966_o

This team can clear the battle with 0 Diamond relatively easily.  I am sure there are other team setup out there that can clear this battle more safely or easily.  Please share.  =)

This is what you need to do in each Stage of the battle.

Stage 1: Store CDs.  The 5 baby fate sisters don’t hit hard at all (about 2K+ damage each, CD2).  They don’t have much health either (about 64K HP each), so be careful not to kill all of them at the same time.  Leave 2-3 for CD storing

Stage 2: Keep Storing CDs if you still need to.  The 4 main characters hit about 4K each.  CD2.  HP is about 130K+ each

Stage 3: Store more CDs if you still need to, otherwise go for the kill.  The enemy here is a single GSoA.  It takes off 40% of your health every single turn.  HP is about 200K+

Stage 4: GSoD + GSoL.  They revive each other, so you must kill them at the same time.  They don’t attack that hard (about 4.5K each) and they have alternating CDs.  HP is about 300K+ each.   You can damage them a bit and when there are enough Fire Runes on the board, activate Medea and Santa and burst.  They should die pretty easily.

Stage 5:You encounter one of the 4 super rare evolve material bosses.  People say that the chance of meeting each boss is not exactly 25%.  Anyway, I met Gaelle the Horner in Stage 5 - exactly the card I wanted.  =)

Memory Traveller: CD4.  Initial CD 1.  ATK∞  HP 22.  Def ∞.  Skill: Puzzle –EX.  To clear:  1 Activate WuKong. 2 Use PR Sean or Santa to fill the puzzle box with one of the attack runes!  

Gaelle the Horner: CD4.  Initial CD 1.  ATK∞. HP 18K. Def 0.  Skill: 20% shield.  To clear: 1 Activate PKoE. To take out 15K+ HP.  2 normal rune spin to wipe out the remaining HP.

The Craving Cryptid:  CD4.  Initial CD 1. ATK∞.  HP 415K.  Def 62K.  Skill: Double Attack.  To clear: 1 Make Sure Medea is activated.  2 Activate WuKong. 3 Use PR Sean’s skill to chain as many combos as possible.  415K damage should be very easy to achieve.

Mosasaur: CD2.  Initial CD 1.  ATK∞.  HP 15K.  Def 25K.  Skill: Invisible shield.  To clear:  Activate PKoE.

So, here you go. Hopefully, what I wrote here can give you more confidence in taking on the ‘Shrine of Potency’ battle.  =)
Kittyeyaya
Kittyeyaya

Back to top Go down

[Deck Building + Strategy] Gate of Riddles – Shrine of Potency Empty Re: [Deck Building + Strategy] Gate of Riddles – Shrine of Potency

Post by fattony888 Tue Apr 15, 2014 8:04 am

thanks! i will use GSOL instead of wukong?

Is PKoE able to kill Memory traveller?

fattony888

Back to top Go down

[Deck Building + Strategy] Gate of Riddles – Shrine of Potency Empty Re: [Deck Building + Strategy] Gate of Riddles – Shrine of Potency

Post by Kittyeyaya Tue Apr 15, 2014 9:15 am

fattony888 wrote:thanks! i will use GSOL instead of wukong?

Is PKoE able to kill Memory traveller?

No. You can't replace WuKong with GSoL. Otherwise, if you meet the memory traveller in stage 5, you won't be able to clear with 0 diamond. Memory traveller has infinite amount of defence, even 10% of that is still too high to break. Must get rid of his defence completely with WuKong, then use Santa or PR Sean to fill up the puzzle box.
Kittyeyaya
Kittyeyaya

Back to top Go down

Post by Kittyeyaya Tue Apr 15, 2014 9:23 am

Also, you can't kill Memory Traveller with PKoE's active. His Puzzle Box skill will neutralize any direct damage skill.
Kittyeyaya
Kittyeyaya

Back to top Go down

Post by fattony888 Tue Apr 15, 2014 3:05 pm

hmm wat about issabell?

fattony888

Back to top Go down

Post by pink_dreamery Wed Apr 16, 2014 10:08 am

PR Verd should work?

pink_dreamery

Back to top Go down

Post by Kittyeyaya Wed Apr 16, 2014 1:38 pm

@ Fattony888: Yes, Isabelle is another good choice here. She alone can take care of memory traveller, gaelle the Horner and mosasaur. You can replace PKoE with her in my team setup.

@ Pink dreamery: I don't think PR Verdandi works well in my team setup. She can only make short work of the memory traveller. Against other bosses, she is quite powerless. She may work well in a defensive team.
Kittyeyaya
Kittyeyaya

Back to top Go down

Post by pink_dreamery Fri Apr 18, 2014 12:56 pm

I met the mosasaur instead with a similar team:
Santa (lead), pr endor, medea, wukong, pkoe and fox (ally)
It's really easy, didn't feel like I was in any danger at all. Thanks kitty, you're my new heroine

pink_dreamery

Back to top Go down

Post by fattony888 Sun Apr 20, 2014 3:08 pm

PKOE, Verdandi, GSOL, Urd, Cassandra, Daji

i used this team. Can handle any of the 4 bosses.

hardest would be the pre-stages. U need to spin the runes well for recovery and stall

fattony888

Back to top Go down

Post by pink_dreamery Sun Apr 20, 2014 4:52 pm

What did you get Tony?

pink_dreamery

Back to top Go down

Post by fattony888 Mon Apr 21, 2014 4:45 am

Beast evo mat..

fattony888

Back to top Go down

Post by maouinin Tue Apr 22, 2014 8:47 am

I played Gate of Riddles for the first time yesterday. The final battle was for the Memories Traveler -- with frames. For the second time (after the update) when battling MT, THE FRAME HAD NO EFFECT WHATSOEVER. It was a very easy battle once I decided to ignore the frames. Try it out. YMMV.

Salve et vale.
maouinin
maouinin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down