Knights of Avalon Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Fool's errand

4 posters

Go down

Fool's errand Empty Fool's errand

Post by maouinin Sat Apr 12, 2014 7:31 pm

Wasn't quite sure where to post this, so I put it here.

I had been using my water team in some miscellaneous battles, when I decided to play the Terror of Incalescence.  The thing was, I forgot that there would be no blue runes. Had I remembered, I would have remembered to use another team -- any other team. So I go in and see the first batch of stones and thought, "WTF?? No blue?  Ok, bad luck." I thought some blue should drop soon so I spun the stones. A nice combo. No blue. And then it hits me.

But I tend to bias my mono teams to generate the color I need, so I think I'll see how far I can go. I get to the third or fourth battle before I die. ... And the seeds were planted.

So I further adjust my team to generate blues -- replace my leader, Blood Bath Beauty, with the Crystal Croc Golem -- and go for an elite battle. This should have been enough, but once that itch starts, it can be really hard to stop scratching, and so, without further ado, here is the results of the FOOLS ERRAND:

Fool's errand Screen16

Fool's errand Screen17

Fool's errand Screen18

Fool's errand Screen19

Fool's errand Screen20

I ended up burning 4 diamonds, the first in the first battle, waiting for my CD, but the card dropped, so I guess it was worth it (at least that's what I'm telling myself!)

Have you done any fool's errands? Please do post them.
maouinin
maouinin

Back to top Go down

Fool's errand Empty Re: Fool's errand

Post by Kalvis Sat Apr 12, 2014 9:02 pm

I suppise you are just extremly bored player Mao Very Happy I do waste diamonds in some stupid ways Razz but... cmon Very Happy anyway respect for that Wink
Kalvis
Kalvis

Back to top Go down

Post by Eardrum73 Sun Apr 13, 2014 1:57 am

I did exactly the same thing using blue mono for master vampire quest by mistake, and realise that it was a very safe way to beat it.
I have now cleared this 5 or 6 times with the following setup.

Pisces (ld), lvl 59 & cd 9
Freyr, lvl 69 & cd 19
Beowulf, max lvl & cd 21 
Pirate Duck lvl 90 & cd 11
Cathullu lvl 90 & cd 5
Pisces (ally) max lvl & cd 2!

The two Pisces leadership skill gives 75% resistance to fire damage. Nothing can really hurt you much. Just heal up with heart gems and grind away using converters. Use cathullu for hearts as required. Takes about 25 mins for the fight from start to finish. 
The only thing to watch out for is the green flower elf, who hits you full bore and the red gnome at stage 9 which negates damage reduction skill and hits for 11k so your hit pts need to be higher that 11k

Last edited by Eardrum73 on Sun Apr 13, 2014 8:44 am; edited 1 time in total
Eardrum73
Eardrum73
Admin

https://knightsofavalon.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by maouinin Sun Apr 13, 2014 7:06 am

Yes, it really would have helped if my CD's had been lower, especially pisces (which was at CD 7). It never even occurred to me to use two pisces (pisceses??) as leader and co-leader. Brilliant!

After I announced the results of my errand in the chat room, someone asked me if I was drunk -- which would have made more sense -- but I couldn't use that as an excuse (unfortunately, I was stone-cold sober).
maouinin
maouinin

Back to top Go down

Post by Lj_Lee Mon Apr 14, 2014 8:49 am

Lol our grand champ no doubt. Always going the extra mile just for the fun of it  Very Happy 
Lj_Lee
Lj_Lee

Back to top Go down

Post by Kalvis Mon Apr 14, 2014 9:03 am

And thats it Razz thats the beatifulness of this game Razz
Anyway gratz to You, Your Majesty and our Grand Champion Razz
Kalvis
Kalvis

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content