Knights of Avalon Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Discussion on kicking out Guild Members

+5
ctang99
Kenna Kat
Lj_Lee
Dhkvanquish
Brokenshirt
9 posters

Go down

Discussion on kicking out Guild Members Empty Discussion on kicking out Guild Members

Post by Brokenshirt Fri Feb 28, 2014 5:18 pm

Got your attention!

FatTony and I were discussing the 2 members of our guild at the bottom of the production list: @Riskland and who I think is Cracy Sun (but changed their name) to all Chinese characters. Eardrum believes they do not speak english but I think at least Riskland does. He used to be on my friends list but I removed him once he joined the guild so I could free up space. He always has the same ally set and I don't know that his level moves much.

Anyway, we were talking today and both think that if they are not going to produce anything at all for the guild quests then they should not be in the guild. I can take it much further than that. If they have no participation in our guild at all, why keep them? If they cannot speak english, won't the also benefit more by going to a guild that they can communicate in.

I don't know how we reach out to them but I think that we need to consider that there are other players that would really like to be in our guild and contribute.

Even our newer players that are not that strong yet play a huge role in the guild. The communicate, the more advanced players help them to get better and as they grow, they will be good influences also to the generations that join the guild. For me it's not just about the guild event, it is about the experience of the guild and those two seem like dead weight.

I will also spend a few days to look at the gold donated from them. I would think that if they at least are active enough to play daily, they are doing guild quests which would result in donating gold. I somewhat wonder if @Riskland actually plays every day or if this even might be a second account.

Any thoughts from everyone?

Brokenshirt

Back to top Go down

Discussion on kicking out Guild Members Empty Re: Discussion on kicking out Guild Members

Post by Dhkvanquish Fri Feb 28, 2014 5:24 pm

Have u talked to them about it (ie given them a warning or something)? Although its fair enough if they do not contribute, they may have a valid reason for not reaching the targets, so perhaps it would be wise to hear their side of the story first. I dunno, this is just my opinion I guess...

Dhkvanquish

Back to top Go down

Discussion on kicking out Guild Members Empty Re: Discussion on kicking out Guild Members

Post by Brokenshirt Fri Feb 28, 2014 5:48 pm

That's the only problem we have. TOS gives us no way to communicate with them. They have to be online so we can chat with them unless they are in someones friend list.

Having the Wall of Shame start's that process I guess.

I am not really saying let's kick them no questions asked. Just wondering what everyone's opinion is.

Brokenshirt

Back to top Go down

Post by Lj_Lee Fri Feb 28, 2014 5:58 pm

I have pm cracy sun in Chinese characters this morning, let's see if he replies?
Lj_Lee
Lj_Lee

Back to top Go down

Post by Kenna Kat Fri Feb 28, 2014 8:36 pm

Yeah, I would agree to contact them first before kicking them out. If they don't reply though...
Kenna Kat
Kenna Kat

Back to top Go down

Post by ctang99 Sat Mar 01, 2014 3:54 am

I personally think maybe give them a chance to "defend themselves" first, (ie: see how they reply to the PM sent out to them!)

ctang99

Back to top Go down

Post by pink_dreamery Sun Mar 02, 2014 9:42 am

Previously, Cracy Sun's Loki was one of the rare max-CD ones I could use.
But now, everyone and their grandmothers have a PR-ed Loki and max-CD too.
Ah *shrug*, I have no opinion on this matter  silent

pink_dreamery

Back to top Go down

Post by Aki [KoA] Sun Mar 02, 2014 4:30 pm

I'd have no problem if someone isn't able to reach the internal goal for guild mission or has some RL event that hinders him to participate.
But otherwise, everybody can do some zodiac runs - has not to be a master run.

Aki [KoA]

Back to top Go down

Post by Brokenshirt Tue Mar 04, 2014 4:46 am

I'm using this post to start tracking the mentioned members. Eardrum would like to keep a better eye on their guild contributions. Risklands level never seems to change so we are wondering if this is a secondary account.

Cracy Sun lvl 174
Riskland lvl 136

Riskland donated 50 gold from guild quest yesterday and Cracy none.

Brokenshirt

Back to top Go down

Post by fattony888 Tue Mar 04, 2014 5:42 am

I think we should be systematic with our approach to kicking members.

1) Monitor members in gold contribution and lvl up activity for those who fall on Wall of Shame after guild events for a week, warning no.1 and initiate communication.
2) Set a time limit for attempts at communication and response, warning no.2 - 48 hrs after accusation of freeloading/trolling/inactivity
3) Voting system - democratic
4) Final warning before the boot
5) Kick
6) Recruit new members and document kicking procedure of ex-members to shield ourselves from madhead if they attempts to sue/report us for wrongful termination

step 2 may precede step 1 if our current case.

any objections/comments?

fattony888

Back to top Go down

Post by Eardrum73 Tue Mar 04, 2014 6:00 am

That sounds good.
But I just want to be crystal clear that we do not scrutinise members activity or donations UNLESS they are on Wall of Shame. If they have good reasons for sub par performance they do not go on wall of shame.

BTW what is:
point 3 voting system? How do we facilitate that? who and how many votes? Do we need to vote even?

LOL on point 6. You miss your calling fats... should've been a lawyer.
Eardrum73
Eardrum73
Admin

https://knightsofavalon.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by fattony888 Tue Mar 04, 2014 6:06 am

vote on forums using a poll - aye or nay approach

or just ask around like wat you did then voting for dediated forum or line chat etc.

24 hr time limit i reckon.

fattony888

Back to top Go down

Post by Brokenshirt Tue Mar 04, 2014 6:08 am

Ha. That all sounds good to me.

Brokenshirt

Back to top Go down

Post by fattony888 Tue Mar 04, 2014 6:09 am

its your call in the end. if u think a voting is not required/too much hassle thats fine too.

im just making suggestions. im for the kick btw lol

fattony888

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down