Knights of Avalon Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Instant Messaging App for a better Guild Communication (voting)

+8
Rock
Aki [KoA]
pink_dreamery
maouinin
eugene tan
Kenna Kat
Eardrum73
Sir K.Toffel (KoA)
12 posters

Go down

Which App do you prefer for guild communication?

Instant Messaging App for a better Guild Communication (voting) Vote_lcap46%Instant Messaging App for a better Guild Communication (voting) Vote_rcap 46% 
[ 6 ]
Instant Messaging App for a better Guild Communication (voting) Vote_lcap15%Instant Messaging App for a better Guild Communication (voting) Vote_rcap 15% 
[ 2 ]
Instant Messaging App for a better Guild Communication (voting) Vote_lcap23%Instant Messaging App for a better Guild Communication (voting) Vote_rcap 23% 
[ 3 ]
Instant Messaging App for a better Guild Communication (voting) Vote_lcap15%Instant Messaging App for a better Guild Communication (voting) Vote_rcap 15% 
[ 2 ]

Total Votes : 13

Instant Messaging App for a better Guild Communication (voting) Empty Instant Messaging App for a better Guild Communication (voting)

Post by Sir K.Toffel (KoA) Tue May 13, 2014 8:59 pm

Hey knights,

some of our guild members, especially me, wanted a better chat programm instead of using the ingame chat of TOS.
So now you have the oppurtunity to vote for it  Very Happy 

In addition we could use this post to discuss the advantages and disadvantages of using a certain chat programm.
If you prefer another chat programm you can mention it here, too.

I hope we'll find a solution... 

Yours sincerely, Sir K. Toffel Wink
Sir K.Toffel (KoA)
Sir K.Toffel (KoA)

Back to top Go down

Instant Messaging App for a better Guild Communication (voting) Empty Re: Instant Messaging App for a better Guild Communication (voting)

Post by Eardrum73 Wed May 14, 2014 6:42 am

Thanks for setting this up Sir K!
We had a vote in the past for a third party plaform, most ppl selected Dedicated forums over linechat or fb.

But this is somewhat different, this is about chat platform and we now have some new members so it diesnt hurt to hear what ppl think. Smile
Eardrum73
Eardrum73
Admin

https://knightsofavalon.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Instant Messaging App for a better Guild Communication (voting) Empty Re: Instant Messaging App for a better Guild Communication (voting)

Post by Kenna Kat Wed May 14, 2014 9:26 am

I'm still sticking with line, as it is the one I use the most while I'm studying. FB is fine too, but I prefer line better. If we do decide Line, I can set us all up in a group or something.
Kenna Kat
Kenna Kat

Back to top Go down

Post by Kenna Kat Wed May 14, 2014 9:28 am

Oh, btw. Sir K. Toffel, why do you have two accounts?
Kenna Kat
Kenna Kat

Back to top Go down

Post by Sir K.Toffel (KoA) Wed May 14, 2014 11:01 am

Kenna Kat wrote:Oh, btw. Sir K. Toffel, why do you have two accounts?

sth went wrong when I started to register for this forum via smartphone,...so I did a second try on PC and it worked. In fact, the other Sir K. could be deleted  Wink 
Sir K.Toffel (KoA)
Sir K.Toffel (KoA)

Back to top Go down

Post by eugene tan Wed May 14, 2014 6:03 pm

Haha..for me I am ok with to whatever chat group but just make 1 guys

eugene tan

Back to top Go down

Post by maouinin Wed May 14, 2014 7:31 pm

The one problem I foresee (at least for me) with using one of the listed apps is that each must be tied to a cellphone, one single device. For me this is less than ideal, because I use more than one device.

I was thinking more along the lines of an IRC channel, or another chat medium -- facebook, yahoo, aim, msn, etc. The nice thing about these is that they are tied to an account, not a device, so they can be used on whatever device you are using at any given moment.

Just food for thought.

Salve et vale.
maouinin
maouinin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kenna Kat Wed May 14, 2014 7:56 pm

My friend actually uses the PC version of Line, but what about Skype?
Kenna Kat
Kenna Kat

Back to top Go down

Post by Sir K.Toffel (KoA) Wed May 14, 2014 11:22 pm

maouinin wrote:The one problem I foresee (at least for me) with using one of the listed apps is that each must be tied to a cellphone, one single device. For me this is less than ideal, because I use more than one device.

I know that kakaotalk needs a phone number but only 4 registration, so you could do it the way my brother did: use the number of you're mobile phone (doesnt even has to be a smartphone) on the device we're you installed kakaotalk, et voila you can use it and add friends with the help of the personal id you'll get  Wink 

Kenna Kat wrote:My friend actually uses the PC version of Line, but what about Skype?

if skype offers group chat with sharing videos and pictures, we could use it too, but i dunno how add more options in this voting  Sad 

maouinin wrote:I was thinking more along the lines of an IRC channel, or another chat medium -- facebook, yahoo, aim, msn, etc. The nice thing about these is that they are tied to an account, not a device, so they can be used on whatever device you are using at any given moment.

i would prefer FB, too. I already made a group 4 our guild long time ago which is still hidden, cause in the last vote everyone wanted a dedicated forum, so didn't lost a word about it....

Instant Messaging App for a better Guild Communication (voting) Screen11
Sir K.Toffel (KoA)
Sir K.Toffel (KoA)

Back to top Go down

Post by maouinin Thu May 15, 2014 2:44 am

AFAIK, Line will work on one device and one PC-- no more than that. Perhaps it would be more clear to say "one device at a time". My experience with Kakaotalk. is that indeed you can start with a phone number and later change devices. But after the change, the program is associated with the second device, and not with the first one any longer. In order to be able to use the first again, the second must be abandoned. This is the same as Line.

I believe Skype is workable, and presumably a more versatile option, since it's not tied to a single device and a pc -- you just log in from whatever platform you are using. There are other IM options such as Gadu-Gadu, AIM, IRC using various clients, ICQ and Facebook, among others, which all share this characteristic.

Salve et vale.

Last edited by maouinin on Thu May 15, 2014 7:32 pm; edited 1 time in total
maouinin
maouinin

Back to top Go down

Post by pink_dreamery Thu May 15, 2014 3:08 pm

Hmm I just checked the Line FAQ as well - 1 device and 1 PC only.
I myself have only one device (and a Surface RT but the less said about that the better) that I play TOS on.
I'm not a Skype user, but its got potential

pink_dreamery

Back to top Go down

Post by Aki [KoA] Fri May 16, 2014 3:05 pm

When beeing in game the in-game-chat is fine. Could be better but it is okay. Why should I open a chat when not in game just to chat?
For things that should be archivated (like game strategie, deck building, tips and tricks, etc.) our forum is far better than any chat.

Aki [KoA]

Back to top Go down

Post by Rock Thu May 29, 2014 9:39 am

I am for Line or Whatssap

Rock

Back to top Go down

Post by Lj_Lee Mon Jun 02, 2014 7:33 am

Me too! Line or Whatsapp
Lj_Lee
Lj_Lee

Back to top Go down

Post by larken Wed Nov 26, 2014 5:43 am

hey guys,

I'm starting a guild group chat via google hangouts for the guild. (as of now, only me, pink and lj is in it).

It works similar to whatsapp, except that you only require a gmail account (those concerned with privacy can just register a new one under a pseudonym). And it'll be a lot more reliable than using the in game chat, and less frustrating, not having the line cut off at character limits.

Other 'features' includes usability across various devices - i.e. via handphone, tablet, or even via pc web browser.

All you need to get started is to provide a gmail address. Either post here, pm me here or ingame, and I'll get you added.

Please do join if you are interested. (as of now, only pink dreamery, ljlee and me in it). Hoping to eventually get most of the guild in. Very Happy

larken

Back to top Go down

Post by shue Wed Nov 26, 2014 6:17 am

shue

Back to top Go down

Post by Magesplat Thu Dec 04, 2014 10:14 am

Fun!  My gmail ID is....   daimadelamare     =^_^=

Magesplat

Back to top Go down

Post by Magesplat Tue Apr 28, 2015 4:35 am

I am also on line now, daimadelamare. ^_^. Lost track of ya'll on hangouts.

Magesplat

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down